DIY oversize Black Round Frames Sunglasses with Rhinestones…
What is essential in the summer? Of course, sunglasses. I DIY a few pairs of sunglasses I do not
wear very often and made them super-wearable by adding a little BLING! And I turned my boring
old sunglasses into unique, one-of-a-kind gems that I like. I used a combination of gems, pearls,
buttons, as well as some vintage clip-on earrings, and mesh from a vintage bag, left-over from this
DIY. Anyway, let us get to it, shall we?
Here are what you will need:
* A pair of sunglasses
* Gemstones, pearls, crystals, buttons, vintage earrings, rhinestones, bling trim… etc.
* E6000 glue–to assure your stones never fall off.
* Q-tips or toothpicks
* Beading pliers and/or nail tweezers (helpful & necessary if adding one small gem at a time)
* Paper or cardboard for your glue
Steps…* Find your old sunglasses and clean them.
* Determine what look you are going for and gather your stones and gems for the design in a
similar or not so similar color scheme.
* Set out your stones or jewels on the table in a similar pattern before gluing them onto your
shades to get an idea how you want it to look first.
NOTE: I pulled lots of different items in similar colors for the sunglasses I wanted to design, but
some of the stuff did not make the cut. You can see in a few photos below where I had a general
direction but was not sure exactly how I was going to execute it.Sometimes less is more… when it is already so much more, make sense?
* If using this E6000 glue, make sure you are in a ventilated area. It is potent!
There are tons of options when it comes to rhinestone trim that is not really even that expensive.
I thought I would sort of just glue it into place as-is, but it was far easier gluing on one stone at a
time… so I cut each gem away from the trim, with enough to cover the entire frames.
Drizzle a little glue out onto your paper, grab a single gem with your tweezers, dip it into the glue,
then set it into place on your frames.
Allow it to set for a moment before moving on.
Continue spacing them evenly or place them right next to each other, it is all about your creativity
I began the side edge of the frame and worked towards the center.
Once I got to the center I stopped and instead of continuing all the way around, I began at the
other side.. deciding I liked the design as is (just along the top/sides) rather than taking the gems
all the way around.
AA-STAR GARMENT ACCESSORIES COMPANY LIMITED
ADD: 4/6 Building Heng Mei Industrial Park, Dashi, Panyu District, Guangzhou, China - 511400
IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEND INQUIRY.